- Upper: Abrasion-Resistant Performance Mesh
- Insole: OrthoLite X35 Hybrid footbed
- Midsole: FastFoam
- Outsole: Vibram MegaGrip with Stairstep lug design
- Futurelight technology: Waterproof and breathable
- Protective toe cap and heel overlay
- Integrated ghillie lacing system
- 3M reflective heel webbing
- ESS midfoot shank
- Gusseted tongue
- Weight: 706g
Now in their fourth iteration, the Ultra Fastpack Shoes from The North Face just keep getting better. This mark IV version features game-changing Futurelight breathable-waterpoof technology. Thanks to a nano-spun breathable membrane you can benefit from waterproof shoes without getting hot, sweaty feet. They deliver comfort in other ways, too. Springy, OrthoLite X35 Hybrid footbeds are cushioning, but also responsive and along with the FastFoam midsoles maximise energy return for a more efficient trek.
The Ultra Fastpacks are engineered specifically for moving quickly over tough trails: the lug design is optimised for undulating, rocky terrain; the Vibram Megagrip does exactly what the name suggests–grips on all surfaces, both wet and muddy and dry and loose–and the protective toe caps and heel overlays help prevent stubbed toes and bruised heels. If you don’t to be weighed down by overly robust and ridged hiking shoes, then the Ultra Fastpacks are for you.