- Use: Winter mountaineering, mountain walking, hill walking, fell walking
- Upper: 3mm Suede Perwanger
- Lining: Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort
- Insole: Fiber FT
- Midsole: PU + TPU
- Outsole: Vibram Pentax Precision XT
- Rand: Rubber
- Last: B2
- TPU heel insert for Semi-automatic crampon compatibility
- Perfect flexation/support balance in the cuff
- Reduced stitching and materials
- Durable and abrasion resistant
- Large heel tab for easy on-off
- Duratherm insulated
- Metal eyelets
- Suits most C1/C2 crampons
- Weight: 710g
The Scarpa Manta has been an icon for over three decades. As a multi award winning model in various generations it has represented the “benchmark” in 4-season Mountain boots. Evolving over many generations, the new Manta Tech represents the 7th incarnation in a long line of market leading equity.
Built on the proven and very well appreciated LFT last, it offers a unique and complimentary fit to other models in the mountain collection. The outsole package maintains its stability with a proven, durable and reliable package that suits the workhouse nature of the boot and underfoot assurance is maintained with the outstanding Vibram Mulaz S sole unit.
The key changes however focus on the upper, where lines have been cleaned reducing stitching and materials facilitating the updated cosmetics whilst maintaining a perfect flexation/support balance in the cuff area. The use of a larger heel pull tab facilitates easier access in and out of the boot, especially with a gloved hand. The use of the partial TPU rand, has helped with the optics, but also reduced some weight, alongside the new lace hardware. A key update has been to use the higher insulation of the Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort, which will allow the boot to perform at a higher altitude and in colder conditions than previous generations.